The UK Energy Market
an expert overview
MEUC's Fundamentals of Electricity and Gas Purchasing has been a mainstay of the organisation for over 30 years.
For the first time in its history we have taken that knowledge and experience and crafted an 8-module course providing a solid grounding in how the UK Energy Markets operates and what a Business Energy Customer can expect.
See the lesson overview below and book your place on this unique course, that includes end of module questions, certificate and invite to our monthly Update Webinars.
- Key Energy Industry Facts (10:36)
- A Walk Through The Utilities Park (16:24)
- What Makes Up The Price Of Electricity And Gas (23:08)
- Knowing Your Portfolio And Understanding Your Bill (28:55)
- Building A Risk Management Strategy (21:05)
- Supply Contract Options (31:59)
- Tendering And Cost Reductions (27:13)
- On-Boarding New Suppliers (12:11)
If you are unsure if this course is for you, get in touch with us directly via [email protected] we would be more than happy to discuss the course, what we do at MEUC on your behalf and our wider role in the UK Energy and Water Markets.
What is MEUC?
The Major Energy Users' Council (MEUC) was set up in the latter part of the 1980s to bring together like-minded professionals at a time privatisation was taking hold in the UK’s energy market with a view to making sure that ‘Major Energy Users’ were informed of policy developments and purchasing opportunities as the market matured.
Today we provide a unique community, allowing for peer networking, self-help advice, information and put Government, Regulators and Sector Stakeholders in front of you to highlight current and future changes that affect you.